| < August >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Chicago, Illinois in August is fairly hot at 23.5 °C (74.3 °F).
- Afternoons can be very hot with average high temperatures reaching 28 °C (82.4 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally somewhat warm with an average low of 19 °C (66.2 °F).
- The range/ variation of daily average temperatures in August is 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in August is dryish with some rain. Just 80mm (3.1in) of water falls during on average 9 days.
- The skies in Chicago, Illinois are sunny with an average of a sizable 9:11 of bright sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 13:10 long and the longest day is 14:25 long with an average length of 13:49.
- There are approximately 4:27 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 67.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 32.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Chicago, Illinois August averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for August in Chicago, Illinois, Usa
Navigate to August Weather in Locations Surrounding Chicago, Illinois:
- Racine, Wi, Usa - 104.9 kms (65.2 miles) N
- Rockford, Il, Usa - 120.8 kms (75.1 miles) WNW
- Marengo, Il, Usa - 106.2 kms (66 miles) WNW
- Aurora, Il, Usa - 31.8 kms (19.7 miles) NW
- Chicago/ 0'Hare, Il, Usa - 25.5 kms (15.8 miles) NNW