| < October >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Chicago, Illinois in October is quite mild at 12.5 °C (54.5 °F).
- Afternoons can be very mild with average high temperatures reaching 17 °C (62.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally a little cool with an average low of 8 °C (46.4 °F).
- In October the mean daily temperature variation/ range is 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in October is somewhat dry with intermittent rain. Just 71mm (2.8in) of H2O is dumped during an average of 8 days.
- In October the skies in Chicago, Illinois are fine having on balance a measurable 6:54 of magnificent sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 10:20 long and the longest day is 11:41 long with an average length of 11:00.
- There are approximately 3:55 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 63.8% of daylight hours and cloudy 36.2% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Chicago, Illinois October averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for October in Chicago, Illinois, Usa
Navigate to October Weather in Locations Surrounding Chicago, Illinois:
- Racine, Wi, Usa - 104.9 kms (65.2 miles) N
- Rockford, Il, Usa - 120.8 kms (75.1 miles) WNW
- Marengo, Il, Usa - 106.2 kms (66 miles) WNW
- Aurora, Il, Usa - 31.8 kms (19.7 miles) NW
- Chicago/ 0'Hare, Il, Usa - 25.5 kms (15.8 miles) NNW